Thursday, October 3, 2019

Day 14 (10/3-10/4) AP Lang & Comp (Final Exam)

AP

Final exam is today. Students can expect to take the entire class period. Those who miss the exam today will need schedule a make-up appointment to take the test BEFORE Friday, October 11.  All notes/supplements/articles will be collected at the end of the exam and will be handed back once all exams have been accounted for. 
  • Secure your copy of "The Crucible" by Arthur Miller by Monday, October 7.
  • Summer Reading Extension Students: your book, questions, outline, and essay are all due by 9 AM October 25NO LATE ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED as this extension is 2 months from the original due date AND all of you have had quite a bit of in class time to work (some of you have chosen to talk instead, but nevertheless, the time was given). NO LATE ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED. NO EXCEPTIONS. "I left it on my bed...I couldn't print...I forgot what today was...I shared it with you...I emailed it to you...I was abducted by Martians last night and when they returned me, they took my book..." whatever your excuse, I don't care to hear or consider any of them. Love ya, mean it. If you are going to be absent, you need to turn it in early.
  • ALL: bring in a current photo of yourself (doesn't need to be larger than 5x7) for our next class. We are working on an activity in class and it will be due on Thursday and Friday of next week. You can upload your pictures online to Walgreens and have them printed for less than $1.00 and they will be ready same day.


Monday, October 7, we will begin our next unit of "The Crucible" by Arthur Miller. The best version to get is the black cover. If you have the other 2, that's fine. No worries. You may enter a raffle this week to win a copy. You will enter the drawing by submitting Falcon Feathers. I will pull the winner on Thursday, October 3. I am not going to announce this in class. I want to see who actually reads my blog.  The extra credit that was on the previous blog is still open for today and tomorrow, but I am only accepting it at the start of class for both classes.




    ALL STUDENTS PLEASE REPORT TO THE GOOGLE CLASSROOM AS INSTRUCTED BACK IN NOVEMBER.