Thursday, September 19, 2019

Day 9 (9/19-9/20)

AP

  • Work on outlines. You really should use the template that was provided recently in the Google Classroom.
  • All AP forms need to be turned into Student Services by Friday.
  • B-Day scholars: your outlines need to be complete by the end of class on 9/20
  • CELL PHONES are becoming an issue. Please be aware that the expectation is for you to NOT have your phones out during class unless I state that they are allowed. I will be confiscating them for the entire class period (step 1) if this continues to be an issue.
*AP Study Hall Group Read went very well! Thank you to those of you who came out and read the article with me! You made my teacher heart smile! (I have Falcon Feathers for you!!!)
**Summer Reading Resubmission deadline extended for ALL to Friday, September 20 by 9AM.
    ENG I

    Today, we explored StudySync and started the introduction lessons on annotating and looking for context clues. If you were absent, please visit this slideshow to get instructions on how to complete the lessons.
    • Photo Release Forms: please bring those back in. I would like to post more than just pictures of either an empty classroom, the backs and sides of people's heads, or selfies, although I do like a good selfie. Please get those signed in brought back into class so that I can have your lovely mugs on my teacher Instagram page!
    (2) Final Poem is due on 9/23 (A-Day); 9/24 (B-Day) IN CLASS. 
    Example Symbol Poem (written by Mrs. Blackwell)
    Journal Entry Requirements

    ALL STUDENTS PLEASE REPORT TO THE GOOGLE CLASSROOM AS INSTRUCTED BACK IN NOVEMBER.